Hello! I love bumping around museums. When I’m not doing that, I’m developing complex user interfaces. I lean heavily towards frontend development. My work involves communicating with designers and backend developers to come up with high performance and consistent UI/UX solutions to provide our customers with the best advertising analytics platform. The tools I use include Backbone.js, LESS.js and more.
Name: Teng Kah Wee
UI Developer (Tremor Video)
- Implemented complex user interfaces for ad trafficking and analytics platform.
- Delved into latest frontend development methodologies to achieve higher work velocity.
Partner (gladlyCode LLP)
August 2009 – Present (3 years 8 months)
- Designed the UI for an SMS-to-Twitter system, gladlyCast, which is featured on TODAY newspaper.
- Automated all common server tasks to reduce time required for recovery through CakePHP.
- Integrate server monitoring through Monit in Rackspace Cloud.
- Connected the application to Twitter API and maintained it through Twitter API changes.
- Developed the business further till the application processed up to 12,000 incoming SMS/day.
Senior Software Engineer (Shanda Games)
- Automated deployment and refactor systems to handle faster website turnovers.
- Installed and managed Git repositories to handle versioning.
- Implemented frontend Single-sign on (SSO) components using PHP.
- Extracted global navigational bar and improved performance by running it on Node.js.
- Customized and optimized Invision Powered Board to handle our strong gamer community.
- Migrated previous forum’s data to new forum using MySQL and Ruby scripts.
- Worked in Cherry Credits, a subsidiary of Shanda Games.
Deputy Chief Judge (WorldSkills Singapore)
February 2012 – July 2012 (6 months)
- Oversaw the test paper setting process.
- Worked with academic institutions to understand the tools students were taught.
- Decided with the local team to send a Singapore representative for Web Design category.
Web Architect (ONG&ONG PTE LTD)
October 2010 – December 2011 (1 year 3 months)
- Lead a team to create and maintain intranet application, including a HRMS.
- Migrated data from FileMaker to MySQL using Python and Apple Automator.
- Implemented complex access control list over PHP Yii Framework.
- Develop solely a custom CMS in Ruby on Rails, leveraging on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Automated deployment to AWS using Capistrano.
- Set up and maintained server instance in AWS.
- BSc in Computing and Information Systems (Honours)
— from Goldsmiths, University of London
- Diploma in Biotechnology
— from Singapore Polytechnic
- LAMP (Linux, Apaache, MySQL, PHP)
- Zend Certified Engineer for PHP 5
- Sun Certified Specialist for NetBeans IDE
You can request my full CV by contacting me.