The Bras Basah MRT Station (CC2) is the deepest station in the Mass Rapid Transit system at 35 metres below ground and its island platform is located at basement 5. It is also the station with the longest escalator, at 41.3 metres. To let light into the station, a reflective pool of water with glass panels outside the Singapore Management University was created.
It’s so empty inside sometimes!
I’ve been back for a while. Dominican Republic is in the Caribbean’s and the place is really beautiful. Not many Singaporeans go there though. The immigration staff haven’t heard of the country Singapore and we were questioned on the weather and the language we speak. I said it’s warm and English is our language of choice!
Resting on the beach
- Interesting is the country lives off tourism basically. Most of the tourists are Americans and they love the sun and the island getaway options.
- A couple of Dominicanos saw me and started doing the Gangnam Style dance, wanted to tell them I am not from Korean.
- “Hola” is the basic greeting and it makes them happy.
- Spanish is their official language but most Dominicanos working at the resort have at least basic understanding on English.
- My next other favorite word is “gracias.” It brings happiness.
- Infrastructure isn’t great in Dominican Republic in general. However at the resort place — Punta Cana — it is decent.
- Punta Cana International airport looks like a resort already!
Punta Cana International Airport
The new Standard Chartered Bank credit card is clever. It combines the token device with the credit card. I received mine not long ago and took some pictures of it. I haven’t got the time to post it until now. It’s not much thicker than a normal credit card too. I like you to observe that the credit card numbers are not raised too. How they manage to squeeze a token device into this card is wonder.
This is the top view, you can sign your transactions through this device.
This is just new to me, very sensible design. Great ideas enabled by great engineering.
Haa! I don’t even have to think any more:
Google searches nizcchse and shows results for nietzsche
I am impressed. Yes I have no idea how to spell “Nietzsche.”
I’m leaving Singapore for Sydney in 30 minutes. It feels a little weird traveling alone. I made some mistakes but none that cannot be resolved.
Here are passengers at the departure gate. I’m flying with Scoot Airlines this time.
My mistake is not realizing you need a visa to travel to Australia. Not too much trouble though, the Changi Airport staff are friendly and one of them responded promptly to offer help with her iPad.
You can find this in one-north MRT Station, near the Portsdown Road exit. It makes me think of Valve’s Portal 2 game.
Portal 2 in one-north MRT Station Singapore
This picture is cross-posted in Cafyn.
In this picture you also see that Singapore is a fine city. We impose fines to discourage people from ill behaviors.