This is a quick update of the tools I used these days. I am a web user interface developer now so some of these tools might be kinda niche!
- Text editor: SublimeText 2, because it loads fast and I swear by its open by file name feature
- Computer: MacBook Air 13″, a decent screen size with good portability. I like working at cafés and this gadget fits my lifestyle.
- Browser: Chrome 25. I lost track of Chrome’s version, comes with Chrome is the excellent debugger I cannot live without.
- Revision control: Git or SVN. My vote is to Git but my company is on SVN.
- Image editor: Photoshop. We use Photoshop for general slicing.
- Web server: Apache Tomcat. We have a Java stack.
- Page profiling: Just Chrome.
- Automation: Ruby Guard and Grunt.js. There’s a bit of LiveReload as well, but only when I develop on a Mac.
- Quality checks: JShint and Chrome Audit in the console.
I can see what I use previously as a more general web developer.