I’ve been back for a while. Dominican Republic is in the Caribbean’s and the place is really beautiful. Not many Singaporeans go there though. The immigration staff haven’t heard of the country Singapore and we were questioned on the weather and the language we speak. I said it’s warm and English is our language of choice!
- Interesting is the country lives off tourism basically. Most of the tourists are Americans and they love the sun and the island getaway options.
- A couple of Dominicanos saw me and started doing the Gangnam Style dance, wanted to tell them I am not from Korean.
- “Hola” is the basic greeting and it makes them happy.
- Spanish is their official language but most Dominicanos working at the resort have at least basic understanding on English.
- My next other favorite word is “gracias.” It brings happiness.
- Infrastructure isn’t great in Dominican Republic in general. However at the resort place — Punta Cana — it is decent.
- Punta Cana International airport looks like a resort already!