What fun is there when sudo replies your incorrect password attempt with a mere incorrect password – make it insult you. Masochistic people can shout hooray.
Here’s how you do it, you have to edit ‘sudoers’. It uses vi commands which I hate. You’ll be prompted for your password.
Append “,insults” at the end without the quotes and then save the file.
Now you can make your terminal window forget your sudo password:
And now type ‘sudo visudo’ or even ‘sudo me a sandwich’ and then input an incorrect password. It will say something like:
- You can’t get the wood, you know.
- It’s only your word against mine.
- My pet ferret can type better than you!
- Maybe if you used more than just two fingers…
- Listen, burrito brains, I don’t have time to listen to this trash.
Well, have fun. (Source: Ubuntu Tutorials)